Remedy for Acid Reflux
There are several oils that can work well as a remedy for acid reflux either alone or in a blend.
When purchasing these oils keep in mind that not all essential oils are created equal. There are many "oils" on the market that are not truly essential oils but chemically derived oils designed to imitate their scent.
note: None of the information provided on this site should be used to replace that of your medical professional. See Disclaimer
Active Pure - Way Beyond
I Highly Recommend
Warning! Don't Go Cheap
When it comes to essential oils, cheap usually means chemically made. Check out my page on Essential Oil Quality.
Many oils are not 100% pure without any synthetic additives. This may be the case even if the bottle says 100% essential oil on the label.
For best results and to be safe, I recommend you only use clinical grade essential oils; oils that are an exact match to the oils used in clinical trials.
Having said that lets talk about some oils that could very well make a difference in your war on acid reflux.
Single Oils - Remedy For Acid Reflux
note: What follows are brief introductions to oils that are
useful for the subject condition, ailment or concern.
For more information or methods of application,
click the "More on ..." link that follows each description.
Ginger Essential Oil
Ginger essential oil is well known for calming the stomach and bringing relief from bloating, cramps, heartburn, stomach ulcers and a variety of other gastrointestinal ailments.
- For instant relief massage a few drops on your stomach to recover from a bad acid reflux attack.
- Rub some ginger oil on your palms and inhale deeply to quell anxiety and nausea.
- 20 minutes before meals, try drinking a cup of herbal tea with a few drops of ginger oil in order to boost your digestive system. (make sure it is clinical grade for safety)
- Ginger can be inhaled off of a tissue or cotton ball.
- It can be used in a salad or in your cooking.
- It can be mixed with a teaspoon of honey or taken in a gelatin capsule with some carrier oil such as fractionated coconut.
More on Ginger Essential Oil
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender works wonders as a remedy for acid reflux because it attacks your indigestion and promotes relaxation.
It has sedative properties which help you with sleep if you struggle with night-time reflux, bloating and insomnia caused by GERD.
- Rub a couple drops on your belly and chest for relief from reflux and bloating. To help spread it evenly over a large area, dilute it with a carrier oil such as coconut oil.
- Add a drop to some herbal tea and drink it slowly after a meal.
- Put a few drops on your pillow at night to help you sleep soundly all night.
- Put a drop of oil (make sure it is clinical grade for safety) on the back of your tongue.
More on Lavender Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemons, despite their acidic taste are actually alkaline in nature and this alkalinity remains in Lemon Essential Oil. Lemon oil will neutralize the acid in your stomach, kill the bad bacteria and is also great for detoxing and flushing out the toxins in your stomach.
- Improve digestion by adding clinical grade Lemon Oil to your drinking water and consuming 20 minutes before eating a meal.
- Put a couple drops in a your mouth and swish it around allowing the saliva to build up and slowly drain down your throat.
More on Lemon Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil
A review of the bioactivity and potential health benefits of peppermint tea (Mentha piperita L.). Pubmed.gov
Peppermint Essential Oil, used in small quantities, is very effective at soothing digestive distress, relieving bloating, nausea, stomach cramps and acid reflux. (See Pubmed study)
- For quick relief, mix a drop of Peppermint Oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil and rub it on your stomach to relieve bloating and reflux.
- Mix a drop of clinical grade oil in some herbal tea and sip slowly before meals.
- Mix a drop of clinical grade Peppermint Oil with a 1/2 teaspoon of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar and honey to taste and consume in a glass of water.
Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 gal/128 oz.
Caution: Peppermint is quite potent and, if consumed in excess, it could cause heartburn or aggravate GERD symptoms. If this is a concern you may want to replace it with Ginger Essential Oil instead.
Blend Remedy for Acid Reflux
For a good essential oil remedy for acid reflux take a blend of the following in a Gelatin Capsule 3 times a day:
Follow up with a drop of Peppermint on your tongue.
Essential Oils for Acid Reflux
* Share your comments at the bottom of this page!
Where Can I Get Quality Oils?
For the name of the high quality, Clinical Grade Essential Oils supplier that I use, complete this form to send me an email.
I will respond ASAP so you can obtain some of the best essential oils available on the market today... Guaranteed!
Return to Essential Oil Remedies Home Page or one of the following categories:
Did You Like
If So ...
Please Share >>